Gil Polk offers the following home care services to older adults in New York.
Every person has unique care needs. The home care services are tailored to provide whatever each elderly client needs to support independent living safely at home in New York City, and to offer relief for family caregivers. Most families and clients utilize my home care services for 4 or more hours, one or two days per week.
COMPANIONSHIP & HOME CARE SERVICES
- Companionship: Spending quality time in the company of an intelligent caregiver leads to interesting conversations. Quality companionship provides seniors the social contact that can contribute to good health, happiness and quality of life.
- Health conscious light meal preparation: To help seniors maintain good nutrition for healthier living.
- Light housekeeping: Such as vacuuming, dusting, laundry*, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, taking out the trash, straightening rooms, organizing closets, drawers, cabinets and bookshelves, cleaning interior windows that can be reached without a ladder. *Laundry services, which include washing, drying, ironing and putting things away.
- Errand services: Such as grocery shopping with or without the client, picking up prescriptions and going to the post office.
- Respite care: To relieve family members who are assisting with the care of their loved ones. The family member can then rest or play, or take care of matters in their personal lives.
- Medication reminders: Reminds the client to take medications and assist in opening medication containers and reading labels.
- Grooming and dressing guidance: Such as buttoning clothing, tying shoes and putting on socks.
- Escorting: Errands to doctor appointments, barbershops, beauty salons, shopping, and wherever the client likes or needs to go.
- Exercise and recreational activities: Such as a walk in the park, crafts, hobbies, card and board games. And outings to church or the movies and other favorite places to help seniors stay active in mind, body and spirit.
- Mail assistance and filing: To separate junk mail from important mail and to let seniors know when bills are due. Bill paying; keeping all critical expenses current, such as rent, utilities, and media
- Correspondence::Assistance with letter writing and emails to friends and familyand liaison with friends, family, and professionals.
- Updates: Monthly, detailed updates on each client’s well-being.
- Periodic review and communication with family: To provide updates on their loved one, answer any concerns or redefine services that may be needed.